Who Are The Four Boys?


Maybe it would be better if I just posted these photos as I run across them. This set was a total surprise! I found them in a closet my Dad had used. Most of his things we’ve gone through, but there was this one wooden box that didn’t get opened until today – and his death was nine years ago tomorrow.

I have no idea where this photo was taken, but believe it was either Altus or Tulsa, about 1960. Except for the four boys in front, these are:

1 – My Dad, Elmer Jerry Holley (1913-2000). Maybe Mom was taking the picture?

2 – My Uncle, Elza Monroe Holley (1908-1977) – we called him our Soda Pop Uncle. For years he worked in bottling plants in Altus, Oklahoma. He always had pop for us at every family gathering.

3 – My Aunt, Grace Helen (Holley) Galloway (1902-1991), who with her husband (#5) owned a diary farm in Carter county, Oklahoma. We called her Gracie Gray and she had a way of catching your check between her first two finger and shaking your face as a way of greeting. No one else I’ve known does that.

4 – My Aunt B, who married Uncle Elza and lives with her son. A pastor I met in Oklahoma City had also worked at her church in Altus and he said "Now I know that angels are tall and have coal black hair, for she is an angel." I do not give full names/birthdates on living individuals.

5 – My Uncle James Lawrence Galloway (1901-1985). Although blinded in an accident, Lawrence ran his diary farm so well that articles were written about him. Once he needed a witness to a document attesting to his blindness and the man doing so stated "I can sign this, but just watching you, no one would know you were blind."

6 & 8 – These two living individuals are the oldest son and daughter-in-law of Elza and B.

7 - My cousin Bobby Lawrence Galloway (1926-1988) was married to a lady not present in this photo – Alma Sue (Moore) Galloway (1926-2002.) A search for Bob L. Galloway will display his work with Oxy, Cities Service, Gas Producers of America, as he held executive positions in many.
There were other photos in this box that I’ll be adding as I get them scanned and commented – but I wanted to be certain these are shared and quickly.

Comments

  1. blonde boy on left is lon galloway, brown haired boy on right is bobby l galloway 2nd both sons of bob l galloway

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment