Rootsweb World Connect Databases

My 'Welcome' mentions my old Yahoo! pages that were wiped out. I created web pages with a neat program that put in links for parents/children and to source notes on documentation. It help me connect with distant relatives doing a search on unique family names.

I've found a home for a similar display of the pedigree and family groups in Rootsweb's World Connect. Users upload databases and the data is displayed in a group sheet format with links to children and parents. It is also displayed as pedigree charts, which makes for interesting viewing.

Some lines seem to go on for centuries. Others come to a screeching halt -- in my case, I'm certain, indicating a particular line changed their name to protect the guilty, or just never paid taxes.

My database on Rootsweb can be found under (of all things!) Blick's Family Workbook. How appropriate!! Please stop by. There are thousands of names there. I'm just getting started here.

Comments